Monday, June 29, 2009

Wisdom is Sweet to your Soul

"Know also that wisdom is sweet to your soul; if you find it, there is a future hope for you, and your hope will not be cut off" Proverbs 24:14 (NIV)





I want to be wise. The Bible says if you want wisdom ask the Lord for wisdom. So I ask but I sometimes feel like I ask because I know that wisdom is something I should want but I think I'm fearful that if I get wisdom, what will I be expected to so with it. It frightens me that wisdom given by the Lord is so power and I know I'll be expected to do great things with it for the kingdom but sometime...ok...maybe most of the time I just want to sit in my little christian cubby and soak up the blessings and spend my time worshipping and learning.


I understand that if you fear something your fears can be quieted by learning so that's what I'm going to do. I'm going to research about wisdom and what God expects us to do with it. Do you think that might be too big of a task for a newbie like me?

6 comments:

  1. It might be too big for you, but not for God! Read all you can, especially from the Bible, which contains all you need to know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is no need for fear. Do what is right for you in your heart. Some people are teachers and some are students all there life. Be joyful and happy. Your doing fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dropped by from the Thankful Thursday list... This is a beautiful post...

    I joined the group too and hope you come by and visit...

    ;-)
    ~Daisy
    http://inlovewithdaisies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just stopping by to tell you that I hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend!

    Take care,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also dropped by the TT post. Can't find it???

    But, your search for wisdom is a great task. You might like this site: http://whisperofgrace.blogspot.com/

    For newbies. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete