Thursday, July 23, 2009

Crying

" Listen to my cry for help, my King and my God, for to you I pray." Psalm 5:2 (NIV)
"In my distress I called to the LORD; I cried to my God for help. From his temple he heard my voice; my cry came before him, into his ears." Psalm 18:6 (NIV)
"I cry out to God Most High, to God, who fulfills {his purpose} for me."Psalm 57:2
The other day I was so stressed out. As I sat alone, my circumstances came to the forefront of my mind and I suddenly felt overwhelmed. Karen at Living LIfe in God's Truth and Grace had listed a tweet that morning featuring 2 Peter 1:3. I read it and felt a little better but my circumstances made me weepy all day. I had problems concentrating. I fought back tears all day, everytime my situation came to my mind. I couldn't wait for the work day to end so I could go home. Perhaps a little nap would be all I'd need to set everything right.
I got home and told my husband that I needed a nap and then went upstairs. As soon as I entered the room I shut the door and intended to lie on the bed but instead I ended up on my knees and wept. I was bawling and sobbing and crying out for God to help me. I wanted him to make me feel better. I wanted him to "fix" it and make it "better". As I cried I felt as though I were curled up in the Lord's lap telling him all my troubles. Afterward I was exhausted, I climbed onto the bed but couldn't close my eyes and sleep. I lay in the quiet listening. I wanted God to talk to me. I didn't hear anything but I still felt very calm.
I'm so glad we can literally cry out to God when we are troubled. I'm so thankful that he listens.
He's always listening. He's always there.

1 comment:

  1. I prayed for you. How are you doing today?

    Take care,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete