Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Romans 8:28 New Mantra

"And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them." (NLT)


I think this needs to become my new mantra for awhile.

I seem to be so focused on circumstances that there are times I forget that God has everything in control and I just need to trust him.

I must admit that there are times when the pile of bills on my desk, my aches and pains, everyday drama that comes with raising teenagers and everything else seems to easily come to the front of mind. I must push all that aside and I stop and close my eyes and say "God, you are in control." Also at that moment I begin to count my blessings. I can't focus on the negative when I'm praising God for cool days and evenings that have made it unnecessary to turn on the air conditioner (lowering my electric bill); or a picture on the wall of my cubicle drawn in bright Crayola colors by my 4 year old. Daily I thank God that I have my job. So many associates have been laid off and I actually found myself sitting at my desk praying for those around me who were leaving. "Lord, be with my co-workers please. Let them know you are God. Comfort them and watch over them and their families Lord. Amen" This is what I prayed.

Do you sometimes let focusing on your circumstances get in the way? If I'm not alone what do you do to help you refocus?

No comments:

Post a Comment