Sunday, December 27, 2009

Organizing Blog Junkie

Yes, I'm an organizing blog junkie! I love reading about how to tame clutter and how much housework I can do in 15 minutes. I especially love to look at photo journals of cleverly organized desks, pantries, closets and laundry rooms.

I read these blogs and say to myself....this sounds simple but I rarely follow any of the suggestions do you know why?

1. Whether or not I love it or use it regularly I find it very hard to throw things away. I'm one of those "what if I need it again" people. You know you always need it right after you throw it out.

2. Everything doesn't have a home....probably because I won't throw anything away. It's hard to clear counters, tables or desks when there isn't a definite place to put things....I know throw stuff away.

3. The one thing that does work is the lists of "Things you can do in 15 minutes". I have found that in 15 minutes I really can.

- vacuum the living room (if there are not toys strewn all over the floor)
- disinfect the counter tops (after I move the crock pot and other small appliances that live on the counter,very little cabinet space)
-sweep the kitchen floor
-scrub toilets
-fold laundry (easy...it's putting it away that takes days).

All in all I think I like to live vicariously through these women who have it all together. My favorites are:
-Laura @ I'm an Organizing Junkie
-Aby @ Creative Organizing
Lara @The Lazy Organizer

1 comment:

  1. Great post. I too do the 15-minute thing and try to teach my kids the same. Thanks for the links.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete