Sunday, November 6, 2011

Saying “I Love You!”

There it was…the dress in her mothers hands.  It was just as beautiful as she remembered when she saw it in the store.  She looked at the dress then to her mother and back at the dress.  She gasped and brought her hands up to her mouth.  “Mom!  I can’t believe it…I never expected”..”Well go try it on” Mom says handing her the dress.  She runs to her mom’s arms and plants kisses all over her face…”Thanks Mom…I love you…I love you … I love you!”  She grabs the dress and squeals with delight.

“I love you” come easy and frequent when we’re receiving what we want or being surprised with something we didn’t even know we wanted.

When life is going along without any bumps in the road I remember to tell God how much I love him….I stop during the day and think to myself “God is so good.”    When there are trials and life gets a little difficult the questions come.  “Why me God?”…”What did I do?”  “Are you there God?”

A week after receiving the dress she didn’t get permission to go to a party “everyone” is going to.  “Why are you ruining my life?” She asks her mother “Don’t you want me to be happy?” “How can you do this to me!?”

God loves us always.  Jesus says he will never leave or forsake us.  We must remember to love God always in times of plenty and in want.  When there are trials and when God is growing us up through trials.

There’s a line in Mercy Me’s “Bring the Rain” that goes “Can circumstances possibly change who I forever am in you?”  The answer to this question is “No”.  As the song continues …

“And I know there'll be days
When this life brings me pain
But if that's what it takes to praise You
Jesus, bring the rain”

No comments:

Post a Comment