Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Chromecast Unboxing

It has arrived! 



I bought this in lieu of another Roku.  It was only $35. ($41 with shipping from the Google Play Store).  Roku comparable to the one I have in the living room is $60.

Here's what's in the box:

Put it all together


I don't have a tv with a hdmi port upstairs but I do have a 27" monitor I'll be using to chromecast.



It's simple to connect.  I had to use the extension cable because of the placement of the hdmi port.  Then plug the micro usb to power adapter plugged into an electrical outlet since my monitor doesn't have a powered USB port
I downloaded the Chromecast app onto my tablet and smartphone.  Here it is working on my Nexus 7
and on my monitor


Casting Star Trek: Voyager
At the moment Chromecast works with YouTube, Netflix, Hulu Plus, Pandora, Google Play content and some content from Chrome web pages.  I use it primarily for Netflix and it works great!

No comments:

Post a Comment